Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Open Letter to McDonalds

Dear Marketing Staff at McDonald's:

I hear your commercials many mornings. Your little "I'm lovin' it" tune is quite catchy. But I have something to tell you. Listen closely - "scratch-made" is not a word! Yes, biscuits can be "made from scratch", but that is just an expression. I hate to break it to you, but nobody is scratching anything. Neither is "scratch" a material, tool, or people group. You can't change around an expression that has no literal meaning. If you do, then it doesn't make any freakin' sense! Next I suppose we can expect to hear that something is "pie-easy" or "doornail-dead"?

I nominate "scratch-made" for the list of banished words in 2007.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So "scratch-made" isn't the best or most correct wording but McDonald's is a great place to "make a little extra scratch" as they might say in one of those mafia movies.

Example:
If I had a little extra scratch Tony would get wacked.

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 1:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha.. I've never heard that commercial but wow... that made me laugh:-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home