Saturday, July 09, 2005

Late delivery...no, no, no, the crib!

I spent most of this afternoon at Mike and Anna's working on the board to mount my sword. Alexa wants me to get that done before baby comes, so I suppose I haven't much time. I should be able to finish it mostly by tomorrow. I'll post some pics of the final product.

We had some friends from our small group over tonight. While we talked and played games with them, we waited for the long-expected delivery of our crib and dresser that we bought 17 weeks ago. The time frame they said to expect them to deliver by was 6:00-8:00pm, so of course they show up at 8:45. I haven't had time to open the boxes and check them out, but after all this, they better be in good shape. If we had to wait for a redelivery, it probably wouldn't get here till baby Carter #2.

On baby watch, Alexa has been having more frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions, but nothing resembling actual labor yet. T-12 days.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, July 10, 2005 1:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... I thought you already had a sword mount?... *confusion* ah, was it just not the finished product? A temporary one?

 
At Monday, July 11, 2005 7:20:00 AM, Blogger DC said...

I do have a sword mount, but it was made while I was in the apt and only had a drill and a hand saw. The one I'm making now will be quite a bit more presentable. It's actually built now, but I'm waiting for the first coat of stain to completely set in. Another coat of stain and some clear coats on top of that and it'll be ready to put up. It's pretty kickin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home