Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Camping

I really should mention the camping trip before too much time passes here. We made it a one-night trip this year instead of the traditional two-night trip. I went to Charlotte on Friday night and rode up to Morrow Mt with Dad and Stephen on Saturday morning. By the time evening rolled around, everyone was there. It was the first time in several years that we had all 10 there. The weather was great - cool and dry. We had a small field right behind our site that was perfect for the pick-up football game and the soccer juggling act that Mike, Stephen, and I put on.

I went out back in the woods again to see what photo opportunities there were. The color wasn't as good as last year, since we were at the end of October instead of the middle of November. The leaves hadn't really started turning yet. Still, I managed to get a few that I liked. I'll try to post them if I remember.

I asked around to try to put a finger on when exactly we started doing this annual camping trip. It looks like the best estimate is probably 1989, making this the 17th time. I hope the tradition will continue for many years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home