All tuned up
Saturday went well. We started the car work around 8:30AM and finished about 8:30PM. Long day, but I learned some good things about car engines. In the end, our Honda has a new timing belt, balance shaft belt, water pump, spark plugs, PCV valve, engine coolant, engine oil, oil filter, camshaft seal, and valve cover seal. I think that was all.
The best part was at the beginning when we had to get the main bolt off the crankshaft. That sucker did not want to come off. Mike held a screwdriver in the flywheel to prevent the engine from turning, and I did the rachet on the crankshaft bolt. One hand pushing, nope..two hands, nope...one foot...two feet... Finally I had both feet on the handle and was holding myself up on the front bumper so all my weight was on the handle and I was swinging/bouncing on it - and it finally gave way. I was impressed that Mike held onto the screwdriver through all that.

1 Comments:
I bet that was a great sight. Sounds like a movie I saw with Craig T Nelson and and old Dodge. The only way to start this thing was the wife turned the key while he jumped up and down on the bumper. Then it MIGHT start...
Post a Comment
<< Home