Quote
Without Googling, does anyone know the completion of the following saying?
"The best laid plans of mice and men..."
Blue Ridge Mountains, Outer Banks, sweet tea, collards, pork barbeque, mild winters...Tell me why I'd want to live anywhere else?
6 Comments:
often go awry...
but i have no idea what the saying means in relation to mice.
????
This is why it's good to have english teachers reading one's blog.
Without googling the quote, I would like to ask my friends Lenny and George. Wait, hold on, it's too late for Lenny.
And this is why it's good to have strange random friends reading one's blog. Where the heck did you pull that from?
My guess was wrong. After googling the quote I found out it was a reference by Robert Burns rather than the Mice and Men story by John Steinbeck. The two main characters were George and Lenny.
"oft gang aglee" or something like that. Am I close?
Post a Comment
<< Home