They vant my blood!
Since I started working at the university, I made it a habit of sorts to participate in the regular blood drive. It's a good thing to do and all, you know, but really..I hate it. Needles, not cool. Bags of blood - not bad, but sickening if you think about it too long. Just a sort of unpleasant process. I think the part I hate the worst is when they prick your finger to check for iron levels.
The first time I did it, it was kind of new and interesting. I mean, how often do you get to see people just collapsing all over the place? The next couple were less interesting. So when the email came around again for this June, I was thinking maybe I'd skip this time. But oh no, they anticipated my lack of desire, and what did they do? They said there are record low inventories of type-O blood. Me, I'm O+. Great. So I signed up.
My dad is a good guy. He donates blood regularly PLUS gives platelets regularly, which is a much more involved process. My brother-in-law is just crazy. He'll go do a drug study and get stuck like 10 times in a day for money. You can see the company I keep.

3 Comments:
it's more like 16, but who's counting. he also used to give plasma when we were in college. twice a week. that doesn't seem healthy. he's got a permanent scar on his vein now from being stuck so many times. on a lighter note, now i know who to come to if i ever need blood--i'm A+ so i can take yours but you can't take mine. hahahahahahah.
Laugh it up, but if they ever start paying for blood, I'll be top dollar.
beginning to sound a bit 'dracularish'....
Last time I went to give blood, I flunked the hemoglobin test...I don't like to flunk anything..Oh, well, I'll try again..
Post a Comment
<< Home