Sunday, March 18, 2007

Songs

Alexa and I will occasionally put together a song to do for the offertory at church. Yesterday, we did a piece called "Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal", which is a folk song that we heard on a CD of the Baltimore Consort. The amount of stuff I wanted to do instrumentally required more than one instrument, so we were joined by Levi. He did the guitar work and I (for the first time ever) performed on mandolin. Also, this was his first performance on guitar. In addition to "Harps" for the offertory, I did a solo guitar instrumental of an old Michael Card song for the prelude to the service. Since I've got the "in" with the sound guys at church, I got a CD with the recording. I uploaded the mp3's of the songs and linked below. Take a listen.
NOTE: You might need to turn the volume up a good bit.

Offertory
Prelude

For the less tech savvy, not to mention any names...Mom..., here's how to listen.
Option 1) Just click on the link. Your browser will probably be able to play it straight from the Internet.
Option 2) Right click on each link and select "Save link as..." or "Save target as...". Then save them to your Desktop. Once you've done that, go double click on them.

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 19, 2007 9:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for putting that up there. i was away at the lake this past weekend and wasn't at church. i also hate when i miss your performances, so this way i didn't miss it completely.

also, thank you for reminding me how much i love michael card. i am now going to go to itunes and download some music. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home