Raincatcher
So we just got done with about 3 days of constant rain, which was a welcome thing given that we are in a severe drought. When the rain started, I thought I would shift into "wilderness survival" mode and see how much rainwater I could catch to save for later. (Basically, I've got bushes and other plants dying because I wouldn't use our previously precious water on them.) Between lining my truck bed with a tarp, using Aria's sandbox and cover, and using various other containers set out on the deck, I now have about 80 gallons of water stored in a couple large plastic container. I had no idea I could get that much.
What good is this you ask? Well, a couple months from now when we haven't had rain for a while, we're under Stage 5 restrictions, and all the neighbors are saying "Man, wish I could water my plants outside", who will they come to? Oh yeah, it'll be me. But I will rule benevolently from my watery monarchy. Will I want the neighbors to love me or fear me? Both. I will want them to be afraid of how much they love me.

2 Comments:
That's just as good as the Waterworks Utility card in Monopoly.
I always knew you were meant for royalty...Hail, WaterKing..
Post a Comment
<< Home