Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Stick it in, fill 'er up

UNC-CH had a blood drive today in Woolen Gym, so I gave blood. It was my second time ever, and I felt so much more experienced this time. Yep, here's the finger, here's the arm, do your thing. Here's one thing I've been wondering: why do they have to test your blood by pricking your fingertip? I'd rather them do the back of my arm or somewhere with less nerve concentration. I asked the nurse, but she didn't know.

I saw two people faint while I was there. I wonder if that sort of thing happens much. The first woman fainted while she was walking across the floor (she was caught by the attendant). She was down for a couple minutes before coming to. Seeing as we were on a basketball court, I felt like applauding as she got up (with help) and walked off.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! Oh man... I would've loved to see that! (the applauding, not the fainting!!... of course... I don't see people faint too often... so... ya know... as long as they didn't hurt themselves I don't think I'd mind seeing that either ;-p)

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had my second time this past week and I was one of those fainters. Remember how on the senior trip I kinda passed out from my blood sugar being too low? Yeah, well it happened again, while I was in the chair. I bet next time they will be sure to honor my appointment time I have picked out around my blood sugar meals!

Anna-Banana.net

 
At Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That could have been me in that chair. I don't get along with needles. I was once hooked up to an IV and saw my own heart beat meter nose dive to about 30 bpm. Anyone that's known me for while recognizes this as standard behavior.
MB

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:22:00 PM, Blogger DC said...

What's with my classmates and blood problems? Hope there wasn't something in the water at BBCS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home