Thursday, December 15, 2005

End of a busy week

This week has been busy at work. We conducted a training session Tuesday, Wednesday, and half of today. Preparing for that occupied last weekend and all of Monday. Now that it's over, I'm quite ready to crash. I've only got four more working days till a nice week and a half break. Of course, that break will involve a lot of travel (Charlotte and Chattanooga), so I'm not sure how much of a break it really is. But after this busy November and December at work, it will be nice to have a change and get the opportunity to see a bunch of family and friends.

We got a Christmas tree this year for the first time. Since Mom and Debbie gave us a bunch of our old ornaments last year, we filled up the tree pretty well. Even if we'll only have it for a week before we leave, it's nice to start those sorts of traditions here. And I'm a big fan of the smell of fir trees.

6 Comments:

At Friday, December 16, 2005 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Lenise said...

Paul B's wife here: Ditto on the tree smell thing! Unfortunately, our table top tree doesn't have enough of a scent to be noticeable, even in our small living room. But since Jay is much more of a threat to a full-size tree, and vice-versa, than Aria, I think we're stuck this year! Probably next year, too, since No. 2 will be about 9 months old.

 
At Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know that i think one of your ornaments fell off right there in the front of the tree.

 
At Saturday, December 17, 2005 5:47:00 PM, Blogger DC said...

Yea, that one never stays up there. It's a very squirmy ornament.

 
At Saturday, December 17, 2005 5:58:00 PM, Blogger DC said...

Lenise, my sis is in the same situation, except it's because of cats. Any tree they had, including the table top kind, would need to be surrounded on all sides by plexiglass. Their cats will eat anything.

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww... baby's first Christmas:-D

 
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

My cats just drink the water. I can live with that!

-Lenise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home