He said, she said
I have to admit that there are certain movies that, although directed at the females, I do enjoy. Which chick flicks would I watch, you ask? I answer, "Pride and Prejudice", "French Kiss", and "Return to Me", to name a few. I also enjoy "The Importance of Being Earnest" and "An Ideal Husband", but I don't think those fall as much into the chick category.
So how about you, loyal reader? What movies do you enjoy that are directed at that other crowd? Guys, any dramatic dramas or romantic comedies that you'd watch again? Girls, any action/political flicks that top your list?
Yes, I know "dramatic dramas" is redundant. Oh, the grammatical freedom of blogging. That does not, however, extend to spelling, Miss Hart. ;) Ok, let the comment
UPDATE: Just to make sure everyone knows - you can leave a comment by clicking on the word "comments" just below this to the right.

9 Comments:
I resent that...:-/
and I love The Rock, and ok.. dude.. there are like 20,000,000 guy's movies that I adore!
Ok, I was going to say The Rock, too...:-) Also, Matrix and Enemy of the State, but Daniel says those don't really count as guy movies. Maybe the Die Hards, but I'd have to see them again to determine how much I really like them (we'll see if Daniel jumps on that and decides we need to watch them soon;-).
Yippee kay-ay, Mother Carter!
The Rock doesn't count as a guy movie?! WHAT'S WITH THAT??!
No, that's not what I meant - Matrix and Enemy of the State don't count as guy movies - The Rock does.
oh, rock on;-) (teehee, *cough* no pun intended, honestly, just came out that way!)
i always say the more car chases and butt-kicking and stuff blowing up the better. both bourne movies were good, mission impossibles, kill bill ii, definitely the rock, all bond, bad boys.
question though: is top gun a guy movie? fast planes and gratuitous sex, right? but then who was the intended audience of the delicious volleyball scene? just something to think about.
I would say that Mission Impossible and Top Gun are guy movies. The Fugitive is maybe more on the fence.
I was telling Alexa that one dividing line I have found to be true is the amount of politics as the main theme of a movie or book. It's true for me and her anyways. She has the remarkable ability to remember everything about the relationship subplots and not pick up on the politics that drove the whole thing (Tale of Two Cities is one that comes to mind). By the way, all are my readers females?
"On the fence" describes many flicks so well. Our superheros are really getting in on it. Peter Parker admitted from the beginning it was all about a girl. Bruce Banner grew big and green and took on the US Army to get back to Betty Ross. Marv and Dwight battled lowlifes and crooked cops in Sin City to defend several skanks honor. For high power chick flicks I watch the Lifetime channel.
Post a Comment
<< Home