Velocity Raptor
I have a new favorite bird. Check out his stats at the Carolina Raptor Center.
My favorite part:
Peregrines use a high-speed stoop, striking birds in mid-air. When striking a bird, they will hit either with talons balled or open. They may also grab larger birds (like goose or pheasant) and ride them to the ground. Peregrines will also chase land birds offshore to tire them out.Don't mess with this guy.

8 Comments:
I'm obsessed with all birds of prey.. they're just so darn awesome. I think the only birds that I like other than birds of prey are thrushes, and wrens
oh, and titmouse
That all?
Come on guys could someone put in a good word for the common parakeet?
Looks like you just did.
you might enjoy reading The Hawk and the Dove...not about birds, but about monks long ago..the main character being Peregrine....Maybe Alexa would enjoy the book more, I know I did.
Next time you are in Charlotte for a long weekend, you two should check out the Raptor Center..Dad and I went, and it is fascinating..
Does the monk dive at objects with balled or open talons? That would really be a plus.
All I know is that he handled his subjects with love....so maybe he approached objects with open hands...love ya
Post a Comment
<< Home