Sunday, August 28, 2005

Romania, part 1

Since there is not a flurry of activity in my everyday life to use for blogging material, I thought it might fun, and informative for most of you, to recount stories from the time I spent living in Romania.

I guess I should provide a background to that time of my life. It seems that Romania has been in and out of my life for a while. Back in the day, I became friends with a Romanian girl in my high school. Her boyfriend at the time was Justin Churchill, who would later travel to Romania with me. Being a language brain, he studied Romanian on his own and perfected it with her help. After high school, Justin and I commuted to UNCC for the 2 years that I spent there. During these 45 minute drives, I learned the basics of the language from him.

During this time, I went on two summer mission trips to Romania with Christ Covenant Church. Justin was with me on the second trip in 1998, and it was then that we decided to come back and live there for a while after college graduation.

Fast forward to 2001. We graduated in May, worked for the summer, and flew out in October 2001, just a month after 9/11. Not that we were worried, but our families weren't entirely comfortable with it. We flew to London and spent the following month traveling on trains through France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Hungary, and finally Romania. We walked into Romania on November 8, just before the onset of winter. I guess that is where our story will begin.

More to come...

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what happens next?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home